- Days in Svalbard: 58
- Interviews conducted: 63
- Survey responses: 40 (still open online)
- Photos taken: 3010
- No. Tweets: 60 (roughly, it's hard to count them!)
- No. blog posts: 40
- Business cards left: 0 !
- Hours of darkness: 0
- Trips out of Longyearbyen: 7
- No. days of proper rain: 0.5 (or 0 if you judge by Welsh standards)
- Polar bear sightings: 0 (but I saw 3 last year :))
- Walrus sightings: 0
- Seal sightings: 0
- Whale sightings: 0.1 (saw a glimpse of a fin whale maybe, sort of)
- No. Reindeer sightings: lots, I lost count!
- No. Polar fox sightings: 2
- Travel C02 emissions: 2250kg (approx, excluding boat trips)
Being a largely qualitative researcher, it's not that often you'll see that many figures in my work. Sometimes putting a number on things is interesting and can give a good overall picture though, so here are a few random things that you might be interested in, quantified from the recent Svalbard fieldwork trip I'm just back from...